Christian GrassoResearch Fellow
Christian Grasso (Student Member, IEEE) received the master’s degree (cum laude) in telecommunications engineering from the Department of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering, University of Catania, Italy, in 2017. In February 2021 he got his PhD. in Systems, Energy, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering at the same university under the guidance of Prof. Giovanni Schembra with a thesis entitled "Network softwarization and smart services in 5G ecosystems". His research activity includes the study and application of resource orchestration in a 5G environment for creating and managing network slices, applying artificial intelligence, and paradigms of SDN, NFV, and MEC. He also works on tactile Internet and blockchain technologies. He was involved in the H2020 European Projects INPUT, Triangle, 5GINFIRE, and Flame as a Research Consultant and a Software Developer with CNIT or other companies
- A. Lombardo, C. Rametta and C. Grasso, “A Network-Assistent Platform for Multipoint Remote Learning,” 28th International Tyrrhenian Workshop (TIWDC), Palermo, Italy, 2017, pp 183-196.
- G. Baldoni, C. Grasso, A. Lombardo, C. Rametta, A. Scala and S. Sottile, “Set-top box virtualization as a personal cloud server for 5G users,” 2018 21st Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks and Workshops (ICIN), Paris, 2018, pp. 1-3.
- C. Grasso and G. Schembra, “Design of a UAV-Based Videosurveillance System with Tactile Internet Constraints in a 5G Ecosystem,” 2018 4th IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization and Workshops (NetSoft), Montreal, QC, Canada, 2018, pp. 449-455.
- F. D'Urso, C. Grasso, C. Santoro, F. F. Santoro and G. Schembra, “The Tactile Internet for the flight control of UAV flocks,” 2018 4th IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization and Workshops (NetSoft), Montreal, QC, Canada, 2018, pp. 470-475.
- C. Grasso, R. Raftopoulos and G. Schembra, “The Triangle Platform for End-to-End Performance Anaysis of a 5G Video Transmission Network Slice,” 15th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), Lisbon,Portugal, 2018.
- L. Galluccio, C. Grasso, S. Milardo, G. Schembra and E. Sciacca, “An Experimental Testbed for Managing BAN Services at the Network Edge,” 14th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM), Rome, Italy, 2018.
- C. Grasso and G. Schembra, “A Fleet of MEC UAVs to Extend a 5G Network Slice for Video Monitoring with Low-Latency Constraints,” Published in MDPI Special Issue on Softwarization at the Network Edge for the Tactile Internet, January 2019, Volume 8, Issue 1,3
- G. Faraci, C. Grasso and G. Schembra, “Reinforcement Learning for Management of a 5G Network Slice Extension with UAV’s,” 2019 IEEE INFOCOM Workshops: SMILING 2019: Sustainable networking through Machine Learning and Internet of Things, Paris, 2019
- C. Grasso and G. Schembra, “5G-Hander: A Network Service for Handover Detection in 5G Networks,” Special issue article on Internet Technology Letters, Wiley Online Library
- L. Galluccio, C. Grasso, M. Grasso, R. Raftopoulos and G. Schembra, “Measuring QoS and QoE for a Softwarized Video Surveillance System in a 5G Network,” 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Measurements and Networking, Catania, 2019
- G. Faraci, C. Grasso and G. Schembra, “Fog in the Clouds: UAVs to Provide Edge Computing to IoT Devices,” ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, Special issue on Evolution of IoT Networking Architectures
- G. Faraci, C. Grasso and G. Schembra, “Design of a 5G Network Slice Extension with MEC UAVs Managed with Reinforcement Learning,” JSAC Special Issue on Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Networking
- F. Busacca, C. Cirino, G. Faraci, C. Grasso, S. Palazzo and G. Schembra,“Multi-Layer Offloading at the Edge for Vehicular Networks,” 2020 IEEEMedComNet, Arona, 2020
- C. Grasso, K. Eswarb, P. Nagaradjaneb, M. Rameshb and G. Schembra, “Designing the Tactile Support Engine to Assist Time-Critical Applicationsat the Edge of a 5G Network,” Submitted to Computer Communications,Special Issue on Network Intelligence
- C. Grasso and G. Schembra, "Decision Making Optimization for Job Offloading in Vehicular Edge Computing Networks," Accepted to AEIT International Conference of Electrical and Electronic Technologies for Automotive, Catania, 2020
view the publications